Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 2002 22:19:46 -0700
From:      "Leonard Chung" <leonardc@cs.berkeley.edu>
To:        "Archie Cobbs" <archie@dellroad.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: MPD PPTP tunneling intermittantly fails

Well, I did you one better and upgraded the system to 4.7-REL.

Some additional info: from looking at an ethereal trace, I'm seeing source
quenches coming back to the machine VPN'ing in. Interestingly, ethereal also
reports an invalid checksum on a bunch of those packets. The strange thing
is, this machine has acted as a router/NAT for quite a while and so of all
the machines on the network, it's hardware is probably the most stable
(easily 150+ day uptimes).

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help so far,

Leonard