Date:      Fri, 07 Feb 1997 21:33:30 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@freebsd.org>
To:        James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>
Cc:        Werner Griessl <werner@btp1da.phy.uni-bayreuth.de>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: msql-beta

Hi, Reference:
> From: James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>
> On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> > Please folks, realise each port has a Makefile, with MAINTAINTER= in,
> > please avoid un-necessary noise on this list by sending bug reports
> > first direct to the maintainer, not the whole list, Thanks.
> Agreed.  Or, better yet, use the send-pr program so that there's an audit
> trail (and I'll receive notification as soon as responsibility is
> transferred to me).

Ah, good idea, so I guess the ideal is: { use send-pr & cc MAINTAINER }

Wasn't there some effort or proposal a while back to put something like
MAINTAINER= in the src/ Makefiles too ?
If so maybe send-pr could remind users to cc MAINTAINER ?

Julian
--
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/