Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2007 01:26:32 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org>
To:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: GNOME 2.18 now available for FreeBSD

--=-RCMvEvJqzyxCXc1f5RTU

GNOME 2.18 has just been merged into the FreeBSD ports tree.  While this
release focuses more on stability and improving existing functionality,
there are a few new surprises.  See http://www.gnome.org/start/2.18/ for
all the details.  On top of that, our very own adamw has created a few
new FreeBSD GNOME splash screens which are available in gnome-session.

Upgrading from 2.16 to 2.18 is fairly straight-forward.  A portupgrade
or portmaster -a will get everything.  For people that already did the
gettext rebuild, sorry.

We're still looking for FreeBSD GNOME screenshots for our gallery.  So
if you have a creative desktop, please forward on an image.

Joe

--=20
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome@FreeBSD.org