Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 1995 18:43:55 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recent mount patches..

As I wrote:

> > I decided to take the patch because I myself am tired of the system
> > refusing to come up just because I don't have a CD in the drive, yet
> > it's silly to have to type the whole mount command spec in as the
> > only alternative.
>
> See my other reply.

Update:

I'm not running the default /etc/rc.

Instead of tweaking the kernel, why didn't you simply convert:

mount -u -o rw /
if [ $? != 0 ]; then
        echo "Filesystem mount failed, startup aborted"
        exit 1
fi

into

mount -u -o rw -t nocd9660,msdos /
if [ $? != 0 ]; then
        echo "Filesystem mount failed, startup aborted"
        exit 1
fi

mount -a -t cd9660,msdos

???

As i wrote: should have been discussed before.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/