Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 1999 11:27:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        chuckr@picnic.mat.net, imp@village.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X11/C++ question

> In message <Pine.BSF.4.10.9911031021350.328-100000@picnic.mat.net> Chuck Robey writes:
> : Uhhh?  I've long since got the answer I wanted, but this seems a complete
> : mystery, so I'll bite, what's a OI_add_event?  From some package?  Can't
> : find a man page on it.
>
> OI was a native C++ toolkit that had a nice interface and was ported
> to Linux and FreeBSD back in 1993 or so by yours truly.  It was
> available from ParcPlace.  Sadly, it never went anywhere and all
> efforts of the engineers to make it open sourced (this was in 1996)
> failed.  It was ment as a joke for the long timers on the list...
>
> Warner

 Let me add that as a stock holder of ParcPlace (now ObjectShare)
 and one of the people who tried out OI - I was disappointed it
 didn't go anywhere.  It seemed nice... (I wonder where it is now?)

 ObjectShare is trading right now at 44-cents/share - an amazing 18.92%
 increase so far for the day (up 7 cents).  Perhaps that outstanding
 stock price reflects the outcome of some of their decisions?  [I believe
 my last purchase of ObjectShare was somewhere in the $10 range... sigh.]

	- Dave Rivers -