Date:      16 Nov 1998 14:10:09 +0100
From:      Graeme Brown <graeme.brown@bt-sys.bt.co.uk>
To:        "FreeBSD-Net (FreeBSD.Org) List" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Is there a device which provides an IP-in-IP tunnel interface which is visible to routing ?

Dear List

Can anyone enlighten me as how I can install an IP-in-IP tunnel
between two FreeBSD boxes such that the tunnel end points
effectively look like network interfaces which routing protocols
such as routed will see. I am aware of the tunnel driver giving tun0, tun1
interfaces to be used with PPP dialup lines.  However  can
tun interfaces be used more generally for things other than PPP
dialup lines.

Is there any other means to configure an IP-in-IP tunnel interface ?

TIA
Graeme Brown
BT Labs, UK
email: graeme.brown@bt-sys.bt.co.uk