Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 16:28:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Schwenk <schwenk@voicenet.com>
To:        Jim Hall <farside@iland.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem

The file that you downloaded, probably called "boot.flp", is a floppy
image file.  This file, byte for byte, represents a boot floppy but cannot
just be copied onto a floppy disk as a file.  See

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook7.html#7

for instructions on what to do with the boot.flp file.  It explains it
better than I could.

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Jim Hall wrote:

>    To Whom It May Concern,
>       I am trying to get freebsd but i downloaded the install file that
> you are supposed to but up with and that won't fit on a disk.  I have
> 1.44 meg disks, but they all read 1.38megs.  I have friends that have
> tried also and had the same problem. Please help me!!!.
>                                         Thank You

- Peter Schwenk - schwenk@voicenet.com
-
- Running FreeBSD?  You should be.