Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 1999 17:04:38 -0500
From:      "Steve" <steve@piperscreek.com>
To:        "freebsdquestions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   2 HD's boot problem / how to ??? / repeat

I have installed freeebsd on a second hard drive, but think I blew it.
I have and IDE controller
The primary channel master is my old C: with Win98
The primary channel slave is my CD-ROM
The seconday channel master is currently my second hard drive with freebsd
(only)

Computer hangs on boot and doesn't recognize the second hard drive.
I 'assume' that is because Win98 doesn't know what to do with the HD with
freebsd on it.

Do I need to load a small DOS partition on my second HD.. the one with
freebsd on it so that Win98 can find it?

In short, I would like to keep freebsd on a HD by itself and still have the
choice of booting to either my old C: with Win98 or the HD with freebsd.
I have Partition Magic and Bootmagic also available.

Many thanks to all (again)