Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 2002 09:19:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      questions2@geektank.org
To:        Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "swap_pager: out of swap space"??

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Jens Rehsack wrote:

> questions2@geektank.org wrote:
> >
> > In my log files I got this message today:
> >
> > --------
> > swap_pager: out of swap space
> > swap_pager_getswapspace: failed
> > --------
> >
> > Are these error msgs something to be worried about? FYI -- I have 256MB
> > RAM and a 128MB Swap partition.
>
> AFAIK it's highly recommented to have at least the amount (better: double)
> of system memory as swap space minimum.
> FreeBSD swaps unused pages automatically to reduce time when the memory is
> required.

Well I thought that the maximum swap partition size was 128MB.  Also, I
thought that the general rule of equal/double your ram size didn't apply
when you had over 128MB of RAM.

Is there a way to actually check the swap partition size? I want to double
check that it's 128MB. How would I adjust it larger at this point?