Date:      Sun, 2 Jul 2000 01:20:06 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mikko_Ty=F6l=E4j=E4rvi?= <mikko@dynas.se>
To:        Paul Saab <paul@mu.org>
Cc:        Marc Fonvieille <fonvi@easynet.fr>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netgear FA410TX - Some progress (Patch included)

On Sat, 1 Jul 2000, Paul Saab wrote:

> Marc Fonvieille (fonvi@easynet.fr) wrote:
> > This patch works fine with my FA410TX (seems to be a DL10022), i don't
> > have to use fa_select anymore.
> >
> > Maybe someone should «clean» the code and merge it with if_ed.c
>
> I will take care of this.

Some notes:

- Have a look at the Linux code I stole (pcnet_cs.c from
  pcmcia.sourceforge.net) - there is code dealing with full-duplex
  links in there too.  Or better yet - somehow get the specs and
  figure out how everything really should be done :-)

- What about media selection?  As the "fa_select" program shows,
  these cards support it, but there is no trace of media selction
  in if_ed.c.

- I have problems using the interface directly after it has been
  ifconfig:ed - I had to increase some sleep times in dhclient-script
  in order for dhcp to work reliably (at least when using fixed leases
  on networks w/o a server).

	/Mikko

 Mikko Työläjärvi_______________________________________mikko@rsasecurity.com
 RSA Security