Date:      Wed, 18 Jan 1995 15:23:29 GMT
From:      steve@cioeserv.cioe.com (Steve Ames)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@wcarchive.cdrom.com
Subject:   installing on SCSI (2.0R)

I offered to install FreeBSD on a friends computer. However I can't seem
to get the install floppy to recognize the drive. My first thought was
that we had an incompatible SCSI controller. Then I noticed that it wasn't
polling sd0 at all. When I boot with the -c option and use the ls command
there are no 'sd' devices listed at all.

I'm quite clueless here. The drive is a conner 1.xx gig. The controller
card is an Always (yeah I know... its not on the list, but I was hoping
for compatiblity).

I guess I'm a bit confused here.

As a side note... where can I find out what the other boot options are
used for?

					-Steve