Date:      Sat, 3 Oct 1998 21:09:05 -0400
From:      Keith Stevenson <k.stevenson@louisville.edu>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status Report on 2.2.6 Giveaway CD's

I gave out the 50 Jordan sent to me within a month.  About half of them ended
up in the hands of the CS faculty at the Speed Scientific School here at the
University of Louisville.  The other half I gave out at a LUG (Linux Users
Group) meeting!
The local Linux group asked me to give a presentation on basic computer and
network security.  During the Q&A period after the talk someone asked me what
Linux distribution I used.  Needless to say I took advantage of the opportunity!
Since then I've helped several LUG members with their FreeBSD installs.  Most
of them seem to like it a lot.

Hats off to Jordan and Walnut Creek for making the moment possible!

Regards,
--Keith--

--
Keith Stevenson
System Programmer - Data Center Services - University of Louisville