Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:09:48 +0800
From:      Nick Kraal <nick@arc.net.my>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Login restrictions

I am trying to create shell accounts on a FreeBSD box for guests to access
our network as an entry point. I need to restrict these guest so they do not
roam freely, get too itchy and install stuff and play around. All they need
to do is to ssh to the box to then telnet into our corporate network, that
is all. ACLs on the corporate router permit access only from this box.

So how do we do this:
1. Jail- how-to's on this are not that clear and seem to be centric around
BIND installations.
2. chroot- again how-to's for this are poor and recommend jail instead -go
to point #1.
3. restricted shell- still finding this, somewhat like the nologin/noshell
shell.

Much appreciated if there are some pointers to good how-to's. I am more
partial to a chroot environment being slightly more simpler to implement.

Thanks in advance.

-nick/