Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 1995 01:05:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        gpalmer@westhill.cdrom.com (Gary Palmer)
Cc:        peter@haywire.DIALix.COM, current@freebsd.org, jmb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: when is the supscan done?

> In message <199506261755.KAA04885@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>, "Rodney W. Grimes" write
> s:
> >Right now this just goes out to the root: alias in /etc/sendmail.cf,
> >but that can be changed pretty easily.
>
> They also contain a lot  more info than I think people want to see...
> (and the root alias is in /etc/aliases, not sendmail.cf :-) )
>
> Perhaps we should split the cvs update's off somehow to enable the
> supscan's to still go to root?

After my last set of hackery to /root/bin/update_usrsrc it is time
for a rewrite using shell functions and while someone is at it the
update should be split out and send probably to freebsd-current and
to freebsd-stable respectfully.

Also the long list of /usr/local/bin/supscan should be converted to a
shell function and used something like this (my shell programming
lessons predate functions, so syntax may be wrong here).

dosupcan (supsubclass) {
for i in base bin ... usrsbin; do
	/usr/local/bin/supscan /home ${supsubclass}${i}
done
}

dosupscan("");
dosupscan("stable-");