Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 2004 16:51:16 +0100
From:      andrea.vacondio@fastwebnet.it
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Informations about FreeBsd for University Project

Good morning,
I'm a student in Computer Science at university of Bologna (Italy). I'm
developing a project called "Scheduling Algorithms In Modern Operating Sy=
stems"
and i'm writing you to ask some documentation on it. In particular, i'd
like to find informations about type of scheduler in FreeBSD, threads and=

multithreading managing and priority assignment. It'd be very helpful for=

me if you could drive me to some good articles or any other type of docum=
ents
on it. It'd be usefull to have infos on how it's changed FreeBSD schedule=
till the last version 5.X.
I'm going to send this email and research results to some of the most fam=
ous
italian online magazines to help tham write a good article on this subjec=
and the different engineering strategies taken by different operating sys=
tems
developing teams.
Hoping to have your attention.
Best Reguards