Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 1995 05:06:57 -0500
From:      starkhome!gene@sbstark.cs.sunysb.edu (Gene Stark)
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <gndrsh.aac.dev.com!rgrimes@sbstark.cs.sunysb.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ANy one useing ft driver under 2.0 current???

>I am trying to get a colorado 250 working.  It probes and every thing
>but ``tar czf - | ft "test1" runs for awhile and then finishes without
>error.

I use the ft driver regularly with -current for backups and restores.
It works fine for this.  I am not surprised about the crash problem
in accessing the ft device with dd.  I have seen this type of thing
myself and I might even have reported the bug at one point.  I only
use the drive with the ft command at the moment.

As was already pointed out, you forgot the directory to tar in the
above command.

							- Gene