Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:31:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      matthew <matthew@netway.com>
To:        Brent Bowman <bbowman@vistacraft.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Re: Install on 486 with floppy reboots after mfsroot

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Brent Bowman wrote:

> Oh boy, I guess that I've either got to find more RAM, find an
> older/stripped down version of FreeBSD, or give up.

Well, if i was you i would get on the phone and call every
household that you think has a basement full of junk.
They will more than likely have an old computer down
there you can take the ram from.

> I looked around a little, how would I find a skinnier version
> of FreeBSD for this old box.

Did you try 3.5-RELEASE and cvsup to stable? I still run 3.4 and 3.5.

> Also, does anybody have any ideas (besides ebay) on how I would
> find some really old 60ns SIMMS for that box for cheap?

If you were standing right next to me I would throw some at you :P
Are you in some strange region where it is difficult to find old ram?

I am sure a second hand pc shop will gladly give you 32mb ram (come
in pairs) for 5 bucks. 10 at most.