Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 1998 12:44:33 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        edmond@shaman.lycaeum.org (Andrew N. Edmond)
Cc:        jb@cimlogic.com.au, current@FreeBSD.ORG, monty@tcx.se
Subject:   Re: is libc_r broken in 980520-SNAP?

Andrew N. Edmond wrote:
> I've been working with Monty at www.tcx.se (makers of MySQL - the best
> free SQL database, ever :), and we've been having a very difficult time
> with the libc_r in 980520-SNAP (clean install).

There are a few unwelcome features that should be fixed now in -current.

> Monty writes:
>
> > It looks like the current -lc_r library is broken !
> >
> > You can mail some freebsd developer the following test program ?
> > This works if not linked with -lc_r.  When linked with -lc_r
> > this hangs !
> >
> > Doesn't work with:
> >
> > gcc -o conftest -g -O2 conftest.c -lm -lcompat -lcrypt -lc_r

You should be using -pthread and not -lc_r. You are linking against
libc too.

[...]
> Should I cvsup the new libc_r - or is there a known working version of
> this library?

cvsup again.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137