Date:      Fri, 01 Oct 2004 07:56:16 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        John Shelton <shelton@onr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pcmcia on freebsd

> Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 23:45:32 -0600
> From: John Shelton <shelton@onr.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
>
> with what version of freebsd do pcmcia network cards work?

PCMCIA PCcards (16 bit) worked starting with V4.3, I think. CardBus (32
bit) cards are new in V5 and will have their first stable support if 5.3
is declared stable in a few weeks. While the "16 bit is PCcard" and "32
bit is CardBus" is usually true, I think that there may be some 16-bit
CardBus cards out there, but they are not common.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)