Date:      Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:18:13 -0400
From:      "chromexa@ovis.net" <chromexa@ovis.net>
To:        mbilekic@yahoo.co.uk, hackers@freebsd.org, chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        chromexa@ovis.net
Subject:   RE: Why did FreeBSD fail?

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Mosko Bilekic mbilekic@yahoo=2Eco=2Euk
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:39:08 +0100 (BST)
To: hackers@freebsd=2Eorg, chat@freebsd=2Eorg
Subject: Why did FreeBSD fail?

Gentlemen, it's time to explain why FreeBSD is such a
failure=2E

In the following lines, David O'Brien explains why 5=2E0
is such a POS=2E=2E=2E

<@motminh> -current is a fucking piece of shit right
now=2E

<@Keltia> hi motminh=20
< gordont> motminh: no, it's just shitty for you, I
just updated fine
<@motminh> gordont:  try using mucho scsi disks + IPFW

<@motminh> gordont:  isp(4) is shit=2E
<@motminh> gordont:  Oh, and on an SMP box
<@motminh> gordont:  we haven't been stable since June
27th (just before ipfw2 hit)=2E
* motminh *just* got a ffs block not freed panic with
an hour old kernel=2E
< gordont> motminh: hmm, well I can't attest for isp
or ipfw, but my smp box works fine
<@motminh> gordont:  if I use an isp controller I
can't even make it to single user
<@motminh> gordont:  you have a single ide disk in it?
<@motminh> gordont:  please do=2E
<@motminh> gordont:  we have noone (few) stress
testing -current right now=2E
<@motminh> for many the test is a basic PC and "make
world"=2E
< gordont> motminh: I have to get FC down to my EMC
box first though
<@motminh> I hear more and more developers that only
have a -current shitbox to make sure something
compiles that was developed on -stable before they
commit it to -current=2E
< gordont> motminh: well, I'm proud to say my desktop
at work is running -CURRENT
<@motminh> Keltia:  awake?
<@Keltia> motminh: yes
<@motminh> Keltia:  are you running -current on your
SMP box?
<@Keltia> motminh: I'm afraid not
<@motminh> Keltia:  have you even seen the "launching
CPU #1" message get fucked up in the middle of  SCSI
probe output?
<@Keltia> motminh: I think I have seen it yes
<@motminh> anordby:  you have to `make depend' first=2E
<@motminh> anordby:  1/2 ass commits broke building
kernels
<@anordby> motminh: hrrm ok
<@anordby> motminh: i have a -current testing box that
i intend to make rebuild world+kernel every night=2E=2E
automatically from pxe installs=2E :)
<@Keltia> motminh: still there ?
<@motminh> 7ep
<@motminh> Keltia:  my box hasn't been stable enough
<@motminh> Keltia:  the /bin/sh bug that fubar'ed |'s
kept me from build many ports
<@Keltia> motminh: when you'll be able to try gcc33,
see my message in -current

---------------------------------

As you see, -CURRENT has been totally broken for
almost two months now=2E And don't get me started on
-STABLE=2E FreeBSD 4=2Ex is such a joke=2E=2E=2E enterprise
ready my ass!

The other big problem that the FreeBSD project faces
is that a lot of developers prefer to waste time
flaming instead of coding=2E Mike Smith knew that,
that's why he left=2E Jordan Hubbard is an asshole btw=2E

As always, some greetings=2E=2E=2E

Juli Mallett, sorry for the typo :)
David O'Brien, you're a great hacker, but a real
asshole
Matt Dillon, I had a lot of respect for you until you
replied to the Pythonstein troll, you SUCK
Greg Lehey, MORON, don't feed the trolls!
Alfred Perlstein, drunktard
Hiten Pandya, IMBECILE
Bosko Milekic, if I ever meet you, I'll kick your ass!
Paul Saab, asshole
Bill Fumerola, FUCK YOU
Will Andrews, I suggest you join a real project
Diane Bruce, the reason I never mentioned you is that
you're so fucking ugly I felt sorry for you :)

Yours,
Mosko

Uggh, folks does it really help us with anything to fall to the level of
personal insults? I mean I doubt projects fail because someone thinks
someone else is ugly=2E I might buy "Uh, you look like such a scary scienc=
fiction monster no could work with you=2E=2E=2E" but that's pushing it=2E =
It would
be nice to hear good reasons why something works or doesn't=2E Not page af=
ter
page of personl invective=2E

Have Fun,
Sends Steve