Date:      Thu, 2 Oct 1997 19:59:06 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andre Albsmeier <Andre.Albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        tom@sdf.com (Tom)
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache works but dies with signal 11, why?

> On Thu, 2 Oct 1997, Andre Albsmeier wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm posting this to -STABLE and -PORTS since I don't know
> > where the problem lies actually.
> >
> > I have a funny problem with apache on 2.2-STABLE (most up to
> > date version):
> >
> > Everything works, but when apache exits (it is run from inetd),
> > it always dies with signal 11 when work is done. This happens
>
>   Does Apache even work from inetd anymore?  As I recall, you used to have
> to add stuff in the config files to do this.  But I thought that inetd
> support was going to be dropped.

Yes, I have to change the config file (ServerType inetd).
I also have it running on a Sun (4.1.3_U1) from inetd without
any problems.

>   I would run it daemon mode.  It is considerable faster, and places less
> load on your system.

Yes, but the servers are used rather seldom and only in our local
network. So I didn't want to have a daemon running when it is only
used 20-30 times a day...

I think, I am doing something wrong because nobody else complains
about that (Or are there no other users running it from inetd ?).

It's the same configuration as on the Sun (apart from some directory
configuration).

Thanks,

	-Andre