Date:      Sun, 12 Oct 1997 15:29:16 +0200
From:      Mark Huizer <xaa@stack.nl>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, denny1@home.com
Subject:   Re: wish /bin/sleep handled fractions of a second.

> So we should decide whether to accept or reject the suggestion, but
> should not leave the PR lingering in `open' state when apparently
> nobody seems to be interested at all.
>
> So are there any proponents of the suggestion (apart from Denny
> himself, of course :)?  Otherwise, i would like to close it as being
> rejected by general opinion.

I'd like it too. Is it too tough? Perhaps in 2 weeks, after finishing my
graduation, I could look at it. Either you change sleep to look like:

sleep [-m] NUMBER

where -m means: the NUMBER is in milliseconds

or you make it:

sleep NUMBER[.NUMBER]

where .number is the decimal part of the second.

Any preferences?

Mark