Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:57:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
To:        Robert Mcmorrow <rmcmorrow@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Your latest release, #4.0..

> your choice;heaven knows the news of a Major Printer Maker saying it'll
> put out Linux Printers makes me just say--God, it's open source, look
> at the books, is it that hard to get a few Linux Driver floppies going??
> But I hope BSD simply automates printer setup: Experienced unix-family
> folk won't need it, and people like me will stop computer users on the
> street to say(waving a BSD carton or CD)"Have I got an OS hot-rod for
> you!!"

	The reason there is no such tool is either because no one has had
the time to create it, or don't see the need for *THEIR* use. If you need
it, then you're encouraged to code it yourself... :) Unluckily with the
number of developers and what needs to be done there ain't enough people
to go around. On the other hand if you're offering to pay to get it done,
somebody could be found a lot easier. :)

						Rick