Date:      Wed, 6 Oct 2004 21:33:50 +0200
From:      John Oxley <oxo@rucus.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Where to start for someone new to kernel coding

Hi,

I am on this list so there is no need to cc me.

I want to extend the disk quota system:
- Implement a user space daemon to control it.
- Pass control from the kernel to the user space daemon.

By doing this, you can have much finer grained control over disk
quota's, such as controling directories for users as opposed to file
systems, setting quotas on what files reside in a directory as opposed
to by UID etc.

Is this at all possible, and if so, where should I start looking for
coding with the kernel.

I already have a fair experience in coding with C.

-John

--
/~\ The ASCII           ASCII stupid question, get a EBCDIC ANSI.
\ / Ribbon Campaign     John Oxley