Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:56:03 -0400
From:      "William Wong" <willwong@samurai.com>
To:        "Mario Doria" <madd@tecdigital.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Ports and Packages

> I can thing of two things to try:
> 1) can you try doing a cvsup with the RELENG_4_3 tag and cvsup all your
> ports. Then make world and rebuild your kernel.

After doing this I still have the same problem :(
(make world, make kernel, etc.)

I used the RELENG_4_3_0_RELEASE tag instead though.

> 2) I just installed two samba machines with the
/usr/ports/net/samba-devel,
> why not try the version 2.2.0 for a bit, see if that one works on the
> problem machine?

Unfortunately 2.2.0 doesn't want to compile either.  Samba seems to be the
only Port which I'm having problems with.  All others have worked fine.
Very strange.

I resorted to installing the package I built on my other machine.

Thanks for the suggestions though,
- Will