Date:      Mon, 03 Sep 2001 11:28:21 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Oddity in ext2fs handling

Oh boy.  Now the Linux partition is unbootable.  LILO (installed in the first
sector of the / partition, FreeBSD's boot0 manager in the mbr) gives the
infamous "LI" then hangs.

I don't know if FreeBSD caused this, or if the drive was already corrupted when
I tried mounting it under FreeBSD.

At any rate, it certainly has some bearing on my earlier post about weird
directory handling under ext2fs.  :-)

Luckily, this was only a new install of Redhat I had done yesterday just for
the hell of it.  No big loss.

--
Conrad Sabatier
conrads@home.com