Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 1997 22:55:20 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        chrisc@vmunix.com (Chris Coleman)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound Cards.

> Well, I had an order in for a Gravis Ultra Sound Card, but Gravis no
> longer makes Sound Cards. :-(
>
> Ok, (?Luigi,?Amancio)
>
> What manufacturer and card do you recommend.  I read up on different
> recommendations you have made regarding chipsets, but I my supplier can't
> find things by chipsets.  The order is already in, and I have to use this
> supplier, however if I have a manufacturer and card name, he can get it
> for me.

AOpen / AcerOpen AW35 is a nice one. Uses the CS4237.
Yamaha cards should also be good ones. I don't have a manufacturer name
but maybe yamaha itself makes the boards.
Cards labeled '3D-sound' or similar are likely to be based on the
CS4237 or OPTI931 and thus should suit your needs.
Finally, cards labeled "16-bit compatible..." are probably WSS clones.

	luigi