Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 1995 10:33:04 -0500
From:      "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Time problems

<<On Wed, 1 Nov 1995 01:08:04 -0800 (PST), "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com> said:

> I have hooked clock synth chips to high precission (12 to 15) digit
> frequency counters and believe me there are significant digits in
> that 1E6 area that is being truncated.  It is also the cause of
> bogus dmesg crap like:
> CPU: 99-MHz Pentium 735\\90 or 815\\100 (Pentium-class CPU)

When I have time to sit down and figure out a reasonable value to use,
I plan to convert the calculation to use fixed-point arithmetic.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.