Date:      Mon, 2 Feb 2004 15:20:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@risc.org>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (FWD) FreeBSD 5.2.1-RC available

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, David O'Brien wrote:

> Note 5.2.1 also adds the Silicon Image 3114 SATA support needed to
> install on a SATA drive in many Opteron systems.

    Sweet... my afternoon meeting at the office has been cancelled,
and this is the perfect excuse for me to "work from home" for the rest
of the day.  ;-)  5.2-CURRENT kernels are panicking on my machine when
it tries to probe the S-ATA interfaces on my Tyan Tiger K8W.  I need
to disable it in the BIOS before I can successfully boot... I'll see
if 5.2.1 is any different.
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@risc.org)