Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 1997 11:51:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <david@sparks.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   21140 version E

Hello hackers:)

Forgive me if this is an old question, long since fixed.

I just got a bunch of new znyx muliport fast ethernet cards based on DEC's
21140A chip.  I have an older rev C board which works fine.  But the newer
rev E's don't:(  The Rev E boards appear fine in the boot process, but
come up with:

de0: transmission timeout

once the board has been ifconfig'd.

FWIW, bsdi has the same sort of problem, finding it in the boot but
complaining about  phy0 and that it can't be accessed.  Exact messages
available if anyone needs it.

So my question is whether anyone is working on the driver to work with
current revs of this chip or I need to abandon the de chip altogether.

Thanks in advance:)

--- David Miller

		It's *amazing* what one can accomplish when
		    one doesn't know what one can't do!