Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 2015 12:07:16 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Andrey V. Elsukov" <ae@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Activating GEOM_SUNLABEL by default in GENERIC

--+Hr//EUsa8//ouuB

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 01:00:37PM +0300, Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:

> >> It is deprecated, use GEOM_PART_VTOC8 instead.
> >=20
> > Ah yes sorry that is the one I meant, and I used but somehow I couldn't=
 find the
> > name anymore :(
> >=20
> > Thanks for correction
> >=20
> > Any issues known with GEOM_PART_VTOC8?
>=20
> I don't know about any problems, but what prevents you use kld? It
> should work.
>=20
Nothing just I received feedbacks from people which were not able to find h=
owto
import those, so I bet having them by default will help.

The name of the module is not obvious, no documentation describes it (or not
easy to find)

maybe the right answer should in that case probably to add documentation :)=
 but
it was easier to modify the kernel config :)

Bapt

--+Hr//EUsa8//ouuB

--+Hr//EUsa8//ouuB--