Date:      Sun, 20 May 2001 23:07:05 -0400
From:      Kevin Way <kevin.way@overtone.org>
To:        Normand Leclerc <leclercn@videotron.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weird MFS things

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

Similar experience over here.  Lots of repeated mfs_badop[vop_getvobject]
errors.  so far no panics though, using mfs for /usr/src and /usr/obj, with
buildworld generating traffic.

machine last supped at May 20 12:00 EDT 2001.  Previous sup, which didn't
exhibit this error, was May 15 12:00 EDT 2001.

perhaps something was missed when VOP_GETVOBJECT was MFC'd on Friday?

Kevin

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 09:06:42PM -0400, Normand Leclerc wrote:
>      As there been changed in the kernel that could affect MFS?  I can't=
=20
> load the module without getting some kernel errors: /kernel:=20
> mfs_badop[vop_getvobject] =3D 22.  The worst thing is that as soon as thi=
s=20
> module is loaded, the kernel becomes highly unstable.  I unloaded it,=20
> the machine lasted about 5 minutes and got a kernel panic.
>=20
>    I've seen this error on both I386 and Alpha machine.  This is from a=
=20
> cvsup done friday.
>=20
> Normand Leclerc