Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 14:56:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG (Bill Paul)
To:        Ariel.Burbaickij@erl9.siemens.de (Burbaickij Ariel)
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Information I was requested for

>   xe0 at port 0x240-0x24f iomem 0xd0000-0xd0fff irq 5 slot 0 on pccard0
>   xe0: Compaq CE3 , bonding version 0x45 , 100Mbps capable
>   xe0: DingoID = 0x44b , RevisionID = 0 , VendorID = 0
>   xe0: Ethernet address 00:08:c7:0c:7c:b6
>   /etc/pccard_ether: not found

Alright, so this is a Xircom PCMCIA card with a Compaq label on it. There
are two possible problems (and I'm guessing here since I didn't write this
driver):

1) The media is set wrong, and you need to specify the right media
   using ifconfig options when sysinstall asks you.

2) Some other device is using IRQ 5 on your machine. You need to either
   turn off whatever hardware is using IRQ 5, or convince FreeBSD to
   assign a different IRQ to the card.

-Bill