Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 2006 14:01:30 -0400
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: upgrading mysql-server

Riemer Palstra wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 09:08:03PM -0400, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> > And it shuts down my mysql server, but does not start it again. That's
> > not very nice. Should the upgrade not handle this?
>
> I'm not aware of any port doing this. If you use portupgrade, use the
> AFTERINSTALL configuration options to call the rc.d scripts and restart.

You can configure 'portmanager' to stop and restart a program also. I
was having the same problem with MySQL. After configuring 'portmanager'
to properly handle MySQL, I never had another problem with it.

Just my 2ยข.

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard@seibercom.net

Scitum est inter caecos luscum regnare posse. (It is well known, that
among the blind the one-eyed man is king.)

     Gerard Didier Erasmus