Date:      Mon, 13 May 1996 14:46:23 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@tombstone.sunrem.com>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Triton chipset with 256k cache caches 32M only?

On Mon, 13 May 1996, Brett L. Hawn wrote:

> Assuming that these are Triton-1 chipsets you will find that anything over
> 64m leads to non-caching. I would highly suggest getting some of the new
> ASUS (just my particular favorite) tr-2 chipset motherboards, these solve
> the caching problem along with many of the other inherent bugs of tr-1
> chipsets.

How do you determine which chipset you have?  I just picked up the 6x86
bundled with a triton mb.  From the motherboard manual:

  Main Chipset:     INTEL TRITON CHIPSET
                    SB82371FB-PIIX*1, SB82437-TSC*1, S82438-TPD*2
  IO Chipset:       SMB665/SMC669/UMC8669/ALI M5113
                    PCI Bus Master IDE Embedded Via SB82371FB

Thanks...

-Brandon Gillespie