Date:      Fri, 26 May 2006 11:20:03 -0400
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        Joseph Scott <joseph@randomnetworks.com>
Subject:   Re: ZFS on FUSE/Linux

--nextPart3717329.c745cqmgZd

On Friday 26 May 2006 04:51, Joseph Scott wrote:
> One of the Google Summer of Code projects is ZFS for FUSE/Linux.
> More info:
>
> Google SoC app: http://code.google.com/soc/opsol/appinfo.html?
> csaid=3D1EEF6B271FE5408B
> Blog: http://zfs-on-fuse.blogspot.com/2006/05/announcing-zfs-on-
> fuselinux.html
>
> Since there is FUSE for FreeBSD now, any chance this can be
> leveraged to make ZFS work on FreeBSD?
Probably with some small changes.  Some one will just need to step up=20
and port it and create a port skeleton for the ports system.  If you=20
need help with the port skeleton, let me know.  If you need help with=20
=46USE specific stuff contact Csaba Henk.  I'd suggest getting involved=20
early to avoid any annoying Linuxisms creeping in the project.

=2D-=20
Anish Mistry