Date:      Sun, 13 Sep 1998 21:54:05 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b && ELF doesn't seem to work ...

Andreas Klemm writes:
>Hi !
>
>Migrated to ELF and since then i4b doesn't work anymore.
>After dialing to my ISP and successfull authentication
>nothing more happens. No data exchange happens.
>
>Somebody with similar experiences ?
>
>Workaround for me is to use the old i4b* binaries from
>/usr/local/bin and the old kernel and old /sbin/ipfw.
>
>It's not a SMP problem, same for UP kernel.
>
>What further informations do you need ? Or do you move to
>ELF as well Gary ?

yes, I did the aout-to-elf thing last week. I was running the old a.out
version of i4b for a while without any problems. I then recompiled i4b
in its entirety as elf and have been using it for almost a week with no
problems whatsoever.

I did have a problem because my ipfw wasn't up-to-date, but after remaking it
to match my kernel it starting working again.

I have not seen problems with i4b after moving to elf. But I'm using ipr.
What are you using ?

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de