Date:      Sat, 05 Dec 1998 17:02:04 -0800
From:      Co-app Network consulting <almazs@wgn.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD LAN setup

Hi Folks;

I have been having problems seting my FreeBSD box to detect
a terminal server that is connected to the same LAN segiment.
My FreeBSD box can only ping itself any other host comes back as
'NO ROUTE TO HOST'.
I did some basic setup editing
/etc/rc.conf.....   ifconfig fxp0=<IP#> netmask   (for network card)
/etc/hosts .....    declared all conected hosts
/etc/networks  what do I have to put here if any?
and what other files do I Have to edit?

FeeBSD is a stable/popular unix OS but the handbook skips a lot
of details on networking and the "Complete FreeBSD Guide" That came with
the WulnutCreek CDs does not even mention networking.

Can someone direct me to a good FreeBSD related network
setup/administration resources?

Need any help I can get

Thanks

Dan