Date:      Sat, 4 Mar 2000 11:06:10 -0500
From:      Chris <kingsqueak@home.com>
To:        Hugh Blandford <hugh@mail.island.net.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Printing from Unix to Windows

Just a point of curiosity, but if the remote is the Win machine, why not
copy or transfer the file that needs printing using scp or sftp which are
part of ssh2?  Then print the file locally on the Win machine.  This of
course assumes that the unix application outputs to a printable format
file that the Win machine can use.

Another solution is to get the ip of the Win machine from the env via a
script.  When you connect with ssh2 the env is set with the remote's ip
information.  You could have a script snag the remote's ip, and create
a printcap entry with the current remote's ip as a remote printer entry.

There are a number of ways to do this, the key is getting the ip of the
remote, my crack at it says that through the env that ssh2 would setup
is the easy way out since you would be using ssh to login anyway.