Date:      Fri, 1 Sep 2000 17:02:37 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Janko van Roosmalen <janko@compuserve.com>
To:        Fred Souza <cseg@kronus.com.br>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPPd

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Fred Souza wrote:

>   I've read the entire pppd(8) manpage looking for an answer for this, but
>   nothing about it is mentioned there.  I've just configured pppd to connect
>   to my ISP, but by some reason it won't use the /etc/ppp/ip-{down,up}.
>
>   I've tried changing file permissions, directory permissions, even changing
>   the scripts, but none of those tries ended well.  Is there any issues about
>   this kind of problem with pppd 2.3.5?  If so, how do I fix it?

I am afraid I cannot help you with pppd.

Before I switched to ISDN on my FreeBSD 3.2 box I used the other kind
of ppp. A "man ppp" will give you all the info. Unlike other terse,
sometimes cryptic man pages this is more like a tutorial. The
"ppp.conf.sample" file is also very informative.

Janko van Roosmalen