Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 1997 23:04:58 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lockmgr panic

As KATO Takenori wrote:

> I don't have any idea to solve this problem except:
>
> 	a. rewrite delayed write stuff.
> 	b. rewrite vn driver.
> 	c. apply the patch included in this mail.
>
> The patch from 3.0-current is as follows:

Well, this patch saved my but regarding the `make release'.  Hack or
not, short of having any better fix, i'd like to see it even in 2.2.5.
The lockmgr panic was completely reproducible for me upon a new run of
`make release'.  We should not ship a FreeBSD 2.2.5 that cannot build
its own release...

--
cheers, J"org