Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2001 14:14:35 -0500
From:      damien@carroll.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux compatibility broken in latest 4.4-STABLE?

Hello,

We have found that the Linux version of the Citrix client no longer runs
when we upgrade to the latest version of 4.4-STABLE. When we try to connect
to a server, the Citrix client displays the following error in an X window:

    29: Invalid serial number

and also displays the following to stderr:

    SIOCGIFFLAGS: Invalid argument

This problem does not happen in 4.4-RELEASE, or earlier versions of
4.4-STABLE, but happens on every machine that we upgrade to the latest
STABLE. We have also tried installing the latest linux-base7, but still had
the same errors.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this and if there are any
kernel settings that I could try using to resolve the problem?

Thanks for your help.

---
Damien Tougas
Systems Administrator