Date:      Sat, 19 Jun 1999 06:38:25 -0700
From:      Sam Zamarripa <samz@oz.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IPFW Questions

2 quick questions.

1. I'm running a DNS server for my internal LAN..but I do not want people
on the outside using it. Will using IPFW to block INCOMING tcp/udp to port
53 prevent DNS from working?

2. I understand how you block an IP and even a CLASS C...but what about a
DOMAIN? Here's what I mean specifically. Let's say I want to DENY a BIG
site from accessing my machines. Let's for example use microsoft.com. Well
simply IPFW deny'ing microsoft.com, will get only 1 of their Class
C's..when microsoft.com has tons of IP Blocks. Is there anyway to block a
domain short of figuring out each and every class C an ISP has?

Thanks.

Sam