Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:52:49 +0200
From:      Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Tim E Schafer" <tim_schafer@agship.com>, <java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: tomcat3 install problems on FreeBSD 4.5 with lastest ports

Hi Tim,

> Would it choose a different tcp port?

No, unless you specify a different port. That's easy to do:

   # make HTTP_PORT=9099 install

> It seems it would be installed in a different dir
> since 3.2.3 got installed in /usr/local/tomcat
> And tomcat3 now is /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat3.3.1
> But would there be any conflicts?

No, I don't think so. The startup script is now called 020.jakarta-tomcat.sh.
The control script was not there at that time.

> Sound sane?

Yup. That does certainly sound sane.

> >Exactly. In my opinion you should be able to run all ports/www applications
> >at the same time. You should not have to reinstall Orion to run Tomcat
>
> did you mean it to read?   s/reinstall/deinstall/

Yes :)

> Since I've been so windy I thought I'd take this chance to thank
> everyone who has worked on freebsd-java stuff
> It's really nice to have Java on FreeBSD
> And Java on FreeBSD is really shaping up nicely.

Well, it's a joint effort indeed. The more people really comment, test and
put things in production, the faster it goes B-)~ So that includes you!

Regards,

Ernst