Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2000 12:51:32 +1100
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        "Rebecca 'Bean' Visger" <bean@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problem with vinum configuration

On Thursday, 30 November 2000 at 16:35:25 -0800, Rebecca 'Bean' Visger wrote:
> howdy, when I reboot my machine (FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE), vinum starts
> up and can't find any drives. If I run vinum and do a printconfig,
> its empty! Every time I need to reboot for something, I have to go
> into vinum, re-create the conf, fsck the vinum volume, then I'm able
> to mount.

You need to fsck as well?  Are you sure?

> any ideas why saveconfig doesn't work? thx,

You shouldn't need to use saveconfig.  The configuration gets saved
automatically.

I could guess what your problem is, but with the information you've
supplied I'd have to guess.  Take a look at
http://www.vinumvm.org/vinum/how-to-debug.html and supply the
appropriate information.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.