Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2000 13:50:21 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Jim Conner <jconner@enterit.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The real Unix problem

Jim Conner <jconner@enterit.com> types:
> Anybody could have asked the very same question in a much more acceptable
> manner...especially from the start.

Oh, come on - it was clearly a troll. It worked, to - I wasted time
reading the replies, and making this one :-(.

> I have to admit, that the ONE thing
> that drives me NUTTY are those who when they first get asked a question
> their first response is : RTFM!!

That depends on how accurate a pointer they provide you to the FM in
question. While FreeBSD shines by having lots of documentation, it's
scattered across three different document sets (FAQ, handbook, and man
pages). RTFM is a perfectly acceptable manual, so long as it includes
a URL or man(1) page reference.

	<mike