Date:      Sun, 8 Jun 2008 23:34:02 +0200
From:      Michel Talon <talon@lpthe.jussieu.fr>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CLARITY re: challenge: end of life for 6.2 is premature with buggy 6.3

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 06:55:06AM +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On 2008-Jun-08 17:49:20 +0200, Michel Talon <talon@lpthe.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> >and it is now working perfectly well without any trouble. The only
> >"gotcha" is the slowness of X problem when compiling, but i live with that.
>
> Have you tried SCHED_ULE?  In my experience, it does a better job of
> scdeduling than SCHED_4BSD, even on UP machines (YMMV).

Yes, i run with SCHED_ULE, the machine is less interactive than with 6.2
when compiling, but, as i said, i don't care much about that. What i really
don't like is panicking, and with 7.0 my machine is perfectly stable.
On the other hand, many tasks run very fast under 7.0, so, overall i am
very happy with this version.

--

Michel TALON