Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 2003 23:25:00 +0000
From:      Lewis Thompson <purple@lewiz.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Require IPSEC transparent.

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

Hi,

I'm wondering if the following situation would be possible:

  I have a small LAN (one server, three workstations) and want to fully
encrypt it (since it's quite easy for somebody to plug into my switch --
I'm at university and the machines are in my room).

  What I would like is for my server (FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE) to only
accept IPSEC encrypted packets on the range, say,
192.168.0.1-192.168.0.24.  Anything above 24 can talk without IPSEC, but
all sorts of insecure services are firewalled off.

  This seems a nice way to do things to me (although I am very open to
suggestions) but I have little idea how I would mandate IPSEC packets.
I currently have IPSEC ESP/transparent between my server and a
workstation so I could easily expand this to more machines.

  Thanks very much,

-lewiz.

--=20
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple@lewiz.net | jabber:lewiz@jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW--