Date:      Wed, 17 May 2023 15:45:03 +0100
From:      Andrew Turner <andrew@fubar.geek.nz>
To:        John F Carr <jfc@mit.edu>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ARM64 virtualization?

> On 15 May 2023, at 20:39, John F Carr <jfc@mit.edu> wrote:
>=20
> Is there any active work on getting bhyve virtualization working on 64 =
bit ARM?  I see some work was started a few years ago (e.g. =
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26976, =
https://bhyvecon.org/bhyvecon2016-Mihai.pdf).  It seems to have been =
abandoned or at least stalled.
>=20
> I may be able to help.  It's not a project I can take on myself.

I=E2=80=99ve pushed the latest version of my updates to the Bhyve port =
to [1]. This is an updated version of [2], along with the userspace =
changes. This is all based on the work by UBP.

Note that I may force push to this branch to keep up with FreeBSD main.

Andrew

[1] https://github.com/zxombie/freebsd/tree/bhyvearm64-main-rebasing
[2] https://reviews.freebsd.org/D37428=