Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 1996 17:36:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jeremy Sigmon <jsigmon@www.hsc.wvu.edu>
To:        Gary Clark II <gclarkii@main.gbdata.com>
Cc:        Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>, chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DOS Emulator (was: Re: JDK 1.02)

> > Whatever happened with the BSDI DOS emulator?  As I recall, Jordan posted
> > a note that BSDI had agreed to provide it to us to help prevent
> > stagnation...  and I don't recall hearing a word since.
> >
> > Just wondering.  I don't have any DOS software anyways but I know it was
> > of some interest to other folks.
> >
> Hello,
>
> >From what I can tell it died on the vine...  I've got the source here,
> but there are just way too many kernel changes needed and we have
> diverged from 4.4-BSD way too much.:)
> Gary

So there will be no DOS Emulation.  Pity.  I would have liked to run a
few DOS apps on my machine without rebooting to Win95.

When DOS dies it would be nice to have it to work with like the C64 and
Apple II emulators.  I personally would like to see Win32 emulation, but
I don't know if that will ever get advanced enough.

Just my .02